Non Heating Covers
Pavis Kool Pool Non Heating Pool Covers
Stop evaporation without heating the pool!
- Australian Made
- Reduces Evaporation by up to 99.8%
- Green Product - category 4 LDPE Fully Recyclable
- Smart Approved WaterMark
- Climate Care Certified
The Pavis Kool Pool cover is a Blue 500 micron cover, and has an 8 year pro-rata warranty. It looks like a solar blanket, but will not heat the water. Ideal for hot climates or heated pools, it prevents the sun's rays from penetrating and heating the water, helping to maintain existing water temperature. It will also stop up to 99.84% of evaporation, and comes with an 8 year pro-rata warranty. Being opaque, Pavis Kool Pool Covers shade the pool from direct sunlight - stopping the solar energy from penetrating the water.
The insulative bubbles protect the pool surface from wind and cold, and prevent overnight evaporation. By covering your pool with a Pavis Kool Pool Cover, you will help to maintain a consistent water temperature - and save water at the same time.
- Save Water - Can stop over 99% of evaporation.
- Save on Chemicals - Chemical use is often cut by around 50%.
- Save work - reduce leaf and debris in the water.
The Pavis Kool Pool Cover works by blocking the sun rays, to prevent them from entering the water. It does not have any refrigeration qualities, so if the water is already hot, the Pavis Kool Pool Cover will not be able to 'make it cold'.
If you live in the tropics, and are only using the Pavis Kool Pool Cover to prevent the water from getting too hot, you might consider removing the cover at night. Please be aware though, that this method of use is only suitable when the primary goal is cooler water, rather than water conservation.
Note The cover will be delivered approximately 300mm longer and 150mm wider to allow for shrinkage.
Important Points About Your Pavis Pool Cover
- It will cut chemical consumption by around 50%. Automated chlorinators must be adjusted appropriately. Failure to do so will result in over-chlorination, and damage your cover.
- Check chlorine levels regularly. Chlorine levels should never exceed 3ppm - to do so will damage a solar cover, and void any warranty.
- When super-chlorinating, remove the cover completely, and do not replace it until chlorine levels have returned to normal.
- Most solar covers will shrink, and this is allowed for on new covers. Never trim exactly to size upon installation - allow for several cm all around, and wait for at least 2-3 weeks before doing a final trim.
- A solar blanket must always be covered when rolled up. If left uncovered, the layers heat up and can melt. It is called "roller burn" and can not be repaired.
- Never swim under a solar cover. The cover literally sticks to the water surface, so there is no air underneath it. Covers must be completely removed from the pool prior to swimming.
No products found